Traits of a successful learner!
Successful learners are students who listen and do everything the teacher says. They settle on task all the time and hand their work in completed to a high standard.
Successful learners look out for other students and take care of the classrooms and the school grounds. They don’t hurt other people’s feelings and they don’t put people down. Peoples learning styles are different but that doesn’t mean it’s bad in fact it’s good to be different! Some people are logic learners and others are visual or musical learners. We are all different!!!
The 16 habits of the mind
2. Managing impulsivity
3. Listening to others
4. Thinking flexibly
5. Metacognition (thinking about thinking)
6. Striving for accuracy and precision
7. Questioning and posing problems
8. Applying past knowledge to new situations
9. Thinking and communicating with clarity and precision
10. Gathering data through all the senses
11. Creating, imagining, innovating
12. Responding with wonderment and awe
13. Taking responsible risks
14. Finding humour
15. Thinking interdependently
16. Learning continuously
You need to use your brain everyday and keep it active. Make sure you are always thinking!
Relating to others: Getting used to others, working well.
Managing self: managing self and getting things done, handing in completed work.
Participating and contributing: participating in all areas, giving ides and asking questions.
Thinking: Metacognition, creativity and brainstorming.
Multiple intelligences: what sort of learner are you, musical, logical, kinaesethic and visual etc